Yeah, we know.
Our website is kinda clunky. Some parts of it are ugly and boxy. It can be hard to find what you want, the message board has some really annoying bugs, and there are some significant features it needs to be more useful.
GCN is still the premiere place on the internet for LGBT and supportive Christians to connect, but we know we can do much, much better.
We want to give our website a complete overhaul. By this time next year, we'd like to have a brand-spanking-new website for everyone to enjoy, something that will carry us into the future.
Among our plans for the redesigned GCN website:
* A completely redesigned look and feel - with a cleaner, more user-friendly interface.
* A mobile version - to make it easy to post and read messages while on the go.
* Easy, one-click access to local info - such as upcoming events, local groups, and welcoming churches in your area. Also, the ability to sign up for email or mobile notifications as new events are scheduled within a region you specify.
* Tons of bug fixes - including current problems with topic subscriptions, image uploads, and obnoxious notifications when someone else deletes a private message thread.
* Optional social network integration - letting members sign in with Facebook, consolidate their notifications, and more, while also keeping privacy safeguards and the current sign-in system available for members who prefer to stay anonymous.
* Site-wide instant messaging and chat - making it easier to connect in real time with your GCN friends.
* More people-finding options - helping you easily find other active GCNers in your area, while allowing people to opt-out if they prefer not to be listed.
* The ability to donate without using PayPal - a feature many of our members have requested, for those who prefer to deal directly with GCN.
* And lots more features as suggested by you!
So what's stopping us?
In a word: money.
We have the plans. We have the volunteers. But even if we save every dime we can, we estimate the cost of the project at approximately $60,000 over the next year. For a nonprofit of our size, that's a pretty major sum. We're pursuing multiple funding options, but we need member support or it won't happen.
Will you help? If you are as passionate about this as we are, will you make a contribution to the web development fund? Please don't take this out of your regular GCN giving, but if you're able to give an additional one-time gift to help overhaul the website, you can literally make the difference in whether or not we're able to overhaul our website this year.
Significant progress toward our goal would enable us to begin the process right away. It's up to you. Help give a gift that will change lives for many years to come. Details are at the top right of this page.
The website overhaul will cost approximately $60,000. Your support helps us get funds from other sources as well to achieve our goal.|
Or type your own amount:
Or send your check to:
PO Box 17504
Raleigh, NC 27619
Pay to: The Gay Christian Network
Memo: Web Development Fund
GCN is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity. Donations are tax-deductible.